||7/30/2010 11:44:48 AM
Polaris Search Network is excited to offer the opportunity to work for one of its top clients in South Florida. This company offers top pay and excellent benefits. It is a small company that appreciates new ideas and a LOVE of technology! If you are sick of the red tape involved in a corporate setting, this is the job for you! We are looking for leaders!
The focus of the job is to develop Web-based applications so we're looking for experience in cross-platform development (Windows/Linux) with a strong mix of application development and back-end systems coding. We're looking for candidates who can think outside of the box. Additional requirements are as follows:
• 5+ years of experience in a multiple of the following areas:
• Web or back-end application programming in Linux
• Solid relational database design, maintenance and query tuning (MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
• Network protocols and programming (sockets, TCP/IP, HTTP and SSL)
• OO Programming (C++, Ruby)
• Linux/Windows OS level programming
• GUI design and implementation (Windows, X11)
• GNU build tools (gcc, make, autoconf)
• Cross-platform development (using gcc and Visual Studio)
• Shell scripting
• Multithreaded application development (pthreads, Windows threads)
• Version control (CVS, Mercury, SVN or GIT)
• Strong debugging and analytical skills
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Prior Perl experience desirable
• Knowledge of application performance monitoring, security scanning, load testing, Website availability or Web browser technology a plus
US Residents only, please. No sponsorship is available.
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/christyspilka for job updates
www.thepolarisnetwork.com for all job openings.
Join our group on Linkedin: Polaris Search Network